In this session of Space Cafè “Moriba’s Vox Populi 08” Dr. Moriba Jah talked about the Russian Anti-Satellite Test – What are the intended and unintended consequences? with
- Alex Fielding, CEO and Chairman at Privateer Space
- Artem Mokhnatkin, Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics – Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Holger Krag, Head of the Space Safety Programme Office at ESA
- Michael Byers, co-director of the Outer Space Institute (OSI)
- Rajeswari Pillai Rajagopalan, Distinguished Fellow & Head of the Nuclear and Space Policy Initiative, at Observer Research Foundation
- Col. Scott Brodeur, Director, National Space Defense Center and Joint Task Force Space Defense Director of Operations
- Victoria Newberry, Head of School at Aka`ula School
Moriba’s Vox Populi is a disruptor in the current growing ocean of webcasts! In the discussion they addressed:
- Will or should there be any repercussions and if so, what are they?
- What can be done to deter anyone from doing another ASAT that generates debris as a result?
- How do we ensure the protection of the space environment hereon?
- Are there any practices and protocols we can agree to implement to mitigate this sort of event from reoccurring?
- Does this dissuade potential space investors and actors from participating in space exploration and commerce?
- Is this ASAT a clear example of Harmful Interference?
- How would the UN convention of liability and damage play out given this ASAT and potential satellite loss or anomalies?
After all, become a SpaceWatcher! and/or SpaceWatch Supporter
He also answered relevant questions from the audience and got the people a voice on stage.
This Space Cafè “Moriba’s Vox Populi 08”, held on 09 December 2021. The Space Cafè series is SpaceWatch.Global’s innovative webinar platform featuring global space experts.
SpaceWatch.Global is a Switzerland-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector. We also like to thank Hauptstadt.TV and their team for the great support in the studio!
Our complete session can be seen here: