In this session of Space Cafè “Moriba’s Vox Populi 09” Dr. Moriba Jah talked about space environmentalism, thoughts on the movie “Don’t Look Up” – its potential for outreach while also showing some scientific inaccuracies and what it will take for humanity to take action with
- Aaron Boley, Co-Director of The Outer Space Institute
- Angela Mathis, Chief Executive of ThinkTank Maths Limited
- Prof. Annette Lee, Professor of Astronomy & Physics at St. Cloud State University, Honorary/Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in the Centre for Astrophysics, Professional Visual Artist.
- Diana Klochkova, Branding and Communications at Privateer Space
- Diana Umpierre, Organizing Representative at Sierra Club and former Board Member at International Dark-Sky Association
- Jacqui Hoover, President of the Hawaii Leeward Planning and Exec Director and COO of Hawaii Island Economic Development Board (HIEDB)
- Thomas Reemer, Founding Partner and Co-CEO at Space Hero
Moriba’s Vox Populi is a disruptor in the current growing ocean of webcasts! In the discussing they try to address:
- What did people take away from the movie “Don’t Look Up”?
- Are there any parallels between “Don’t Look Up” and our space debris and traffic problems?
- What needs to happen for people to take positive action toward solving the space debris and traffic problems?
- Can we learn anything from indigenous people and if so, what?
- Is there a way to recruit empathy from humanity toward space problems and if so, how?
- How do we effectively communicate what we stand to lose if we get this wrong?
After all, become a SpaceWatcher!
He also answered relevant questions from the audience and got the people a voice on stage.
This Space Cafè “Moriba’s Vox Populi 09”, held on 10 February 2022. The Space Cafè series is SpaceWatch.Global’s innovative webinar platform featuring global space experts.
SpaceWatch.Global is a Europe-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector.
Our complete session can be seen here: