In honour of this sacred experience and all of you who know me and have enrolled in this global vision, I, Moriba Jah have partnered with SpaceWatch.Global to run an exciting Space Café series: Moriba’s Vox Populi (Latin for “the people’s voice”) where I intend to choose topics of relevance to space safety, security, and sustainability and have an hour-long“chill in a lounge chair” type conversation amongst people.
Please look up! What will it take for humanity to take action on Space Environmentalism?
- What did people take away from the movie “Don’t Look Up”?
- Are there any parallels between “Don’t Look Up” and our space debris and traffic problems?
- What needs to happen for people to take positive action toward solving the space debris and traffic problems?
- Can we learn anything from indigenous people and if so, what?
- Is there a way to recruit empathy from humanity toward space problems and if so, how?
- How do we effectively communicate what we stand to lose if we get this wrong?
It will be live…that keeps it real. I go unscripted and am not into luring people into traps or anything of the sort. I just want an open, organic, and real dialogue that connects to humanity!
This session will allow for some candid discussion about this, and raise awareness globally about this issue. I’m all about having an inclusive dialogue!
This will be what we will explore together in our next session of Space Café: Moriba’s Vox Populi. Please join us for a candid and inclusive conversation.
My guests are:
- Aaron Boley, Co-Director of The Outer Space Institute
- Angela Mathis, Chief Executive of ThinkTank Maths Limited
- Prof. Annette Lee, Professor of Astronomy & Physics at St. Cloud State University, Honorary/Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) in the Centre for Astrophysics, Professional Visual Artist.
- Diana Klochkova, Branding and Communications at Privateer Space
- Diana Umpierre, Organizing Representative at Sierra Club and former Board Member at International Dark-Sky Association
- Jacqui Hoover, President of the Hawaii Leeward Planning and Exec Director and COO of Hawaii Island Economic Development Board (HIEDB)
- Thomas Reemer, Founding Partner and Co-CEO at Space Hero
Moriba’s Vox Populi will be a disruptor in the current growing ocean of webcasts, I can promise you that! I’m really excited! After all, I am a SpaceWatcher!
You, the audience, have a role in shaping the conversations we’re having, adding to our voices; as such you will have an opportunity to ask questions in our session.
SpaceWatch.Global is a Switzerland-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector.
This Space Café “Moriba’s Vox Populi” will be conducted in English on 10 February 2022 at 4 pm CET.
Reserve your place today.