In honour of this sacred experience and all of you who know me and have enrolled in this global vision, I, have partnered with SpaceWatch.Global to run an exciting Space Café series: Moriba’s Vox Populi (Latin for “the people’s voice”) where I intend to choose topics of relevance to space safety, security, and sustainability and have an hour-long“chill in a lounge chair” type conversation amongst people.
Our seventh session will focus on:
Space threats or hazards? Can cultural differences explain space actor behavior(s)?
- Threats require the concurrent existence of opportunity, capability, and intent to cause harm. Physical sensors can help us measure and know the opportunity and capability. But not the intent. How do we infer intent?
- Because intent is ambiguous, what outcomes happen when we assume malintent?
- Can cultural differences amongst space actors explain what otherwise might be interpreted as harmful behaviors?
- Can we develop practices and protocols to allay malintent and mitigate escalatory behaviors in space?
It will be live…that keeps it real. I go unscripted and am not into luring people into traps or anything of the sort. I just want an open, organic, and real dialogue that connects to humanity!
This session will allow for some candid discussion about this, and raise awareness globally about this issue. I’m all about having an inclusive dialogue!
This will be what we will explore together in our next session of Space Café: Moriba’s Vox Populi. Please join us for a candid and inclusive conversation.
My guests are:
- Thierry Blanche, SAFRAN
- Stewart Bain, NorthStar Earth & Space
- Prof. Yury Razoumny, RUDN University
- Dr. Darren McKnight, LEOLabs
- Dr. Doug Hendrix, CEO ExoAnalytic Solutions
- Sean Goldsbrough, NORSS
- Dr. Alissa J. Haddaji, Harvard University.
Moriba’s Vox Populi will be a disruptor in the current growing ocean of webcasts, I can promise you that! I’m really excited! After all, I am a SpaceWatcher!
You, the audience, have a role in shaping the conversations we’re having, adding to our voices; as such you will have an opportunity to ask questions in our session.
SpaceWatch.Global is a Switzerland-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector.
This Space Café “Moriba’s Vox Populi” will be conducted in English on 14 October 2021 at 4 pm CEST/10 am EDT.
Reserve your place today.