Space Cafe “Black Ops by Dr. Emma Gatti” with Dr. Namrata Goswami ep. 1 – Space Policy and Geopolitics: A Strategic Game of Interest, Values, Culture.
The first episode of this special series of Space Cafe “Black Ops by Dr. Emma Gatti” with Dr. Namrata Goswami as resident guest was focused on a general introduction of the space political scene. The webinar framed the discourse and introduced the general rules of Space power, asking questions such as Where do we stand today? What does Space mean in this historical period, and how the powers are shifting? The interview in particular focused on:
- How can we frame the Space environment discourse in his epoch, the XXI century, from a geopolitical point of view?
- The concept of strategic culture – how does the US looks at space vs. how China looks at space
- Why is Space important and why should we discuss it from a political perspective?
- Where do we stand today in terms of space power equilibrium?
- A comment on the recent 20th Chinese National Party Congress and the recent Biden Administration National Security Strategy.
- What’s at stake here?
This episode is part of a seven-episodes series focused on the geopolitics of space. The next episodes will be:
Episode 2: 1st of February 2023 – 4 pm CET – The United States: A Strategy of Continued Primacy in Space
Episode 3: 29th of March 2023 – 4 pm CET – China: The Prime Challenger to U.S. Primacy in Space
Episode 4: 31st of May 2023 – 4 pm CET – Russia AND Japan: Capable partners in differing space orders
Episode 5: 26th July 2023 – 4 pm CET – India: A Strategy of a Leading Power
Episode 6: 27th September 2023 – 4 pm CET – The new strategy of the Middle East
Episode 7: November 2023 – Europe and Africa: new and old powers at stake
Here you can see Episode 1 in full.