Over protein balls, croissant, amazing Austrian pastry and coffee, the panelists, along with a lively audience engaged in a revealing and insightful discussion dealing with many legal issues arising from everyday space activities, including the following:
- The cooperative and reassuring characteristics of space law
- Multilateralism in operation – does COPUOS ‘work’?
- The need for governance models for space – but what form should they take?
- The inter-relationship between global principles and their implementation into national space law
- The evolution of space ‘law-making’
- The importance of the sustainability of space activities and the need to ensure its ‘inter-generational’ character
- Space debris – how should we address it
- Practical issues around the return of space objects
- And so much more……
The panelists also gave their ‘one word’ to describe the wonders of space law – a tradition for all guests at the Space Café Law Breakfasts. Space law certainly means many things to many people and is such an interesting and relevant concept, even to the non-lawyers in the audience.
We hope that you will enjoy this discussion and will already put in your diary to join in the next Space Café “Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” on 22 July with two more wonderful guests, Elina Morozova and Andrzej Misztal. There are so many more issues to discuss.
Please let us know if there is a particular event or issue that you want our expert panel to help to ‘demystify’.
We really hope you will join us for breakfast! See you then!
The team also answered relevant questions from the audience.
This Space Café “Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” was held on 27 May 2021.
Here the video: