Space Café “Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” will analyse current space developments with a legal focus. It will, at the same time discuss and ‘demystify’ the law for everyone. In our next Space Café “Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland”, Host Steven Freeland, Emeritus Professor of International Law at Western Sydney University, Sydney and Professorial Fellow at Bond University, Australia, and Co-Host Torsten Kriening, SpaceWatch.Global’s Publisher, welcome Ranjana Kaul and Kai-Uwe Schrogl at the wonderful and cosy Café in Delhi, India.
Over bagels, croissants, coffee and other treats, we will discuss many legal issues arising from everyday space activities, including the following:
- How the overarching theme of ‘peaceful uses’ represent an essential element in the international regulation of the use and exploration of outer space.
- How peaceful uses of outer space involves all stakeholders in the global space sector, including the United Nations, all countries (whether actively space-faring or not), industry and every aspect of civil society.
- How the peaceful uses of outer space is vital if we are to preserve the stability, safety and sustainability of space for present and future generations.
- The risks and dangers that geopolitical tensions and crisis, and the ever-increasing threats to the peaceful uses of space can have for all of us.
- How space law can be used to avert or minimise those threats and what must be done for this to happen.
Ranjana and Kai-Uwe, both leading experts in space law, will also provide their ‘one word’ to describe the wonders of space/space law – a tradition for all guests at the Space Café Law Breakfasts, and help to demystify the sometimes complex and contradictory vested interests involved in space activities and industry. We hope that you will enjoy this discussion and will join us on 19 May at 9.30 am CEST. There are so many more issues to discuss. Please come along with your favourite breakfast treat and any questions that you might want us to analyse. We really hope you will join us for breakfast! See you then!
SpaceWatch.Global is a Europe-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector.
This Space Café ”Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” will be conducted in English on 19 May 2022 at 9:30 am CEST.
Reserve your place today.