Space Café “Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” will analyse current space developments with a legal focus. It will, at the same time discuss and ‘demystify’ the law for everyone.
In this next episode Host Steven Freeland, Emeritus Professor of International Law at Western Sydney University, Sydney and Professorial Fellow at Bond University, Australia, and Co-Host Torsten Kriening, SpaceWatch.Global’s Publisher, welcome Setsuko Aoki and Peter Hulsrøj at a wonderful café in downtown Tokyo.
Over bagels, croissants, coffee, and other treats, we will discuss many legal issues arising from everyday space activities, including the following:
- What is space law really?
- How do we find the right balance between have specific laws for space and incorporating other principles from other areas to provide a governance system that actually works?
- What is the role of individual Governments and national space legislation in influencing a global governance system for space?
- Can we ever have harmonised national space law given the different factors for each space-aspiring country?
- What about industry and civil society – how can/should they be involved in providing inputs for the development of frameworks for future space activities?
- Would this serve the greater interests of humanity?
- And sooooo much more……
Setsuko and Peter, both leading experts in space law and policy, will also provide their ‘one word’ to describe the wonders of space/space law – a tradition for all guests at the Space Café Law Breakfasts, and help to demystify the sometimes complex and contradictory vested interests involved in space activities and industry.
We hope that you will enjoy this discussion and will join us on 23 September! There are so many more issues to discuss. Please come along with your favourite breakfast treat and any questions that you might want us to analyse.
We really hope you will join us for breakfast! See you then!
SpaceWatch.Global is a Switzerland-based digital magazine and portal for those interested in space and the far-reaching impact of the space sector.
This Space Café”Law Breakfast with Steven Freeland” will be conducted in English on 23 September 2021 at 9:30 am CEST.
Reserve your place today.